How do I ready my AC for summer? The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down in the middle of a hot Tempe summer, right when you need it most. The good news is that by preparing your air conditioner today, you can avoid that unfortunate scenario.
Contact the local Tempe AC Maintenance, and you can save yourself the trouble, or you can go through the things below before you have an annual inspection.
Clean Your Outdoor Unit with Tempe AC Maintenance
Consider your air conditioner as a heat soak where the inside unit absorbs heat from your home’s air while the outdoor unit passes this heat to the outdoors.
If the outdoor unit is blocked and unclean, heat cannot escape easily, causing your system to work harder and finally overheat.
We recommend cleaning your outside unit before summer arrives to avoid high energy bills and a potentially costly repair.
Here’s how to clean your outdoor unit:
- Remove any heavy debris, such as sticks or leaves, from the coils. The thin fins that surround the outdoor unit are known as coils.
- Within three feet of the unit, trim any shrubs. This ensures that your outdoor unit has ample “breathing room” to dissipate heat.
- If your coils are noticeably dusty, use a garden hose sprayer on the lowest setting to wash the outdoor unit. Use caution while using a high setting since this may cause damage to the coils.
Check Your Air Filter
The purpose of your air filter is to catch airborne dust and debris, so they don’t enter your air conditioning system. However, dust and debris can eventually clog the filter to where airflow is restricted, limiting the amount of warm air entering the air conditioning to be cooled.
If your AC isn’t pulling in a sufficient amount of air, it can cause problems such as
- Higher energy bills: Your air conditioning will have to work longer to cool your home, which results in more energy usage.
- A frozen indoor unit: If warm air isn’t blowing over the evaporator coil, it can get icy and freeze, causing your air conditioning to stop working.
To avoid these problems, we recommend checking your air filter and replacing it if it is dirty. We recommend checking your filter once a month to make sure it isn’t clogged with dirt and debris during the summer.
Schedule Professional Maintenance with Tempe AC Professionals
The one true means of preparing air conditioning for summer is to schedule an annual maintenance visit with a professional.
During a maintenance visit, our professionals will inspect the essential components of your AC system to make sure they are working correctly. In addition, the technician will clean and lubricate parts so that they operate efficiently.
If all the components in your air conditioner are working correctly and efficiently, you’ll enjoy the following advantages:
- Indoor temperatures that are more consistent and comfortable
- Lower monthly energy bills
- Lower risk of mid-summer breakdowns
Contact Rescue One Air to schedule any air conditioning maintenance, or if you have other urgent needs or questions, drop us a line and complete the compact form below for a fast response.