Is HVAC seasonal? HVAC use is seasonal, and although we may get better weather than other parts of the country, it doesn’t mean we are let off any less for air conditioning maintenance. Extreme temperatures in the hotter summer months and the colder temperatures when they appear, or the odd chilly night means your HVAC system needs to run as required.
Chandler can have unpredictable weather, and while it may not be hot or cold, the dust storms can play havoc with anyone’s HVAC system. Here you can find out why to keep a Chandler air conditioning maintenance company on hand to tend to your AC in such events or make sure it runs as you expect it to.
Chandler AC Pre-Storm Protection Tips
Here you can find a list of tips that can help should any potential storms hit. If you are unsure, you can speak to your Chandler air conditioning company to help you out.
- Remove loose objects close to your HVAC unit before any storm arrives. Anything such as kid’s toys, patio furniture, or anything else that can blow around should be moved. High winds can slam such items into your unit, causing irreversible damage.
- Make sure surrounding vegetation is well-maintained and kept to a safe distance from your HVAC system. After storms, ranches and leaves can jam vents, thus reducing the efficiency or causing damage.
- During heavy rain, cover your HVAC to keep water out. However, always make sure the cover is off before starting your system.
- It is advisable to fit hail guards to protect your fins on exterior condenser coils.
- Use a programmable thermostat with a time-delay mode, as this can prevent your HVAC from restarting after a power outage. This decreases potential voltage surges damaging your HVAC.
Chandler Post Storm AV Maintenance
Here are a few things to consider if there is a storm. Should you face one, then it’s wise to speak to your Air Conditioning maintenance professional.
- After a storm, make sure no part of your unit is underwater or taken water into internal components.
- Always change your HVAC air filter following a storm.
- Clear away debris that could have fallen on or around your HVAC unit.
- Bacteria and sewage can seep into your unit after heavy rain. Chandler Air Conditioning maintenance can make sure your system is clean.
Chandler weather can be unpredictable, yet it doesn’t mean you need to be caught out by such weather patterns.
It is much safer to have professional air conditioning crews check out your system before any storm can hit or at least right after one has passed your home.
For quality AC maintenance or repair, Contact Rescue One Air to schedule maintenance or find out more about the best AC maintenance to give you the best indoor air quality possible.