What are the symptoms of a bad AC thermostat? Many things can stem from a bad AC thermostat.
Modern HVAC programmable thermostats have improved from the simple dial models you set manually. You needed to remember the temperature your home required to be at various times of the day.
Such revolutionary designs help save hundreds of dollars on utility bills as your AC system only turns on when it's needed, and it also keeps your home comfortable.
While programmable gadgets have improved in intelligence and precision, some users find them a challenge to use. A minor misunderstanding of how these works mean you can miss various problems, including poor AC performance and system failure.
Here you can learn things to look out for and why it is wise to call Rescue One Air your Tempe air conditioning maintenance experts.
Tempe Air Conditioning Maintenance Experts Deal with Many Issues
If you have repeated heating or cooling problems, you can try these to see if it helps, or you can call your Tempe Air Conditioning Maintenance Experts right away.
- Older thermostats, such as circular or rectangular, can be sensitive. Check your handbook if yours is more senior and lightly dust the inside and outside using a cloth.
- If your thermostat is 15 years or older, it's possible the wiring can cause issues. Tempe air conditioning maintenance can replace these with newer energy-efficient models.
- Check your thermostat is set correctly.
- Try turning the thermostat off and on again to reset the system.
- Occasionally, the fan mode can be set to on accidentally. Make sure you turn the fan off.
- Check the wiring on the back to make sure it's not a connection issue.
- Tempe air conditioning maintenance can deal with the above and make sure your AC runs most efficiently.
Does Your AC Turn Off and On Quickly?
It could be an issue with your thermostat if your AC system is turning on and off too often, commonly known as rapid cycling. Dirt can lead to rapid cycling when it gets on the contacts. If your system cycles too often, you can check the following or sign up for regular Tempe air conditioning maintenance.
- Remove the cover and check the sub-base is level. If it uses a mercury switch and this isn't level, it won't work correctly. To level this, you will need to check the handbook or call your local AC maintenance firm.
- If your thermostat takes readings from nearby temperatures, problems can emerge. If your thermostat is near a heat source, like a ceiling fan or a sunny window, it can affect readings. Place thermostats in a central location or ask your Tempe AC maintenance to help find the best site.
- Rapid cycling shows a malfunction. Inspect filters to ensure they are not blocked and make sure with your AC maintenance if they need changing or not.
If you are unsure about the above, you can quickly Contact Rescue One Air to schedule Air conditioning maintenance or find advice on other issues. For a direct reply, complete the compact form below for a fast response.