Is Mold in My Air Conditioner Dangerous? Any air conditioner can benefit from regular cleaning in terms of longevity and reduced need for repairs.
When the evaporator and condenser coils or cooling fins on an air conditioner are dirty or blocked by debris, the cooling system struggles to do its job. Chandler AC Maintenance can ensure that your cooling system operates at peak efficiency.
Although thorough cleaning is often sufficient, many homeowners who discover mold are motivated to contact local Chandler AC Maintenance experts for more help.
While a general cleaning can be done, it's preferable to leave it to the professionals if you make a mistake and dirty water with mold creeps into your home.
Steps To DIY Clean Window Air Conditioner:
- Remove primary connections and turn off the power. If the circuit is hardwired, the breaker must be turned off.
- It would help if you discharged the capacitor. This is crucial because the capacitor can store energy even if the air conditioner is switched off.
- Once the electricity has been disconnected from your unit, you can use a damp cloth to clean its outside.
- Take off the trim panel and filter holder from the front of the air conditioner. These are often attached with removable clips.
- Remove the unit from its mounting frame and casing when cleaning a window air conditioner. The screws that hold together a case are often at its base. The challenging part occurs now.
- Because of the bulk and weight of an air conditioner, it is recommended that you have a professional in Chandler AC Maintenance do the job.
- The cooling fins are a fantastic place to begin. Use a fin comb to straighten any crooked fins you have. You can find combs like that at any hardware shop.
- Vacuum the coils to eliminate any dust or grime. If the trash is damp, a vacuum won't assist, and you'll need an A/C coil cleaning solution instead.
- Maintenance kits for air conditioners can be got in hardware stores, and while they make the job easier by providing everything needed, they are still found in hardware stores.
- It would help if you cleaned the fan blades with a clean cloth and some household cleaner.
- Air filters must be washed to get rid of any accumulated dust or debris. If your air conditioner uses a disposable filter, it is time to change it. If you live somewhere warm, you might have to do this every month during the summer.
- Please wait until everything has dried before reassembling your unit. Wet systems are more susceptible to clogging by dust that sticks to them. This leads to condensation and subsequent mold growth, which causes problems.
Stop Mold with Chandler AC Maintenance
Window air conditioners are susceptible to mold growth, which can be caused by several factors, the most common of which is moisture.
Even though keeping your air conditioner clean can help avoid this, having it professionally cleaned is the best bet. In addition, when you hire a professional company to service your air conditioner they are covered by insurance.
If you have worries about mold in your AC system, you can quickly Contact Rescue One Air to schedule air conditioning maintenance and get your AC given a clean bill of health.
For a direct reply, complete the compact form below for a fast response from our AC maintenance experts.
You can check out our customer reviews or browse through the Rescue One Air video library to see our AC repair crews in action for further information.