How long do air conditioning units usually last? Though the life of a home air conditioner varies depending on a variety of factors, well-maintained units should last between 10 and 15 years.
You can, however, extend this through performing routine inspections and maintenance, both large and small. It helps if you have your AC unit through the company that supplies the unit, as they will have a good understanding of how the unit work.
Warranties give you peace of mind, and many of the best brands of air conditioners come with a regular 10-year parts limited warranty, knowing that your equipment is safe for a long time.
It’s a bright idea to look at new equipment when your device is about 15 years old, so you’ll be ready when it’s time to upgrade it. Here you can learn a bit more about your Phoenix AC replacement and how you can get the most up-to-date, energy-efficient options there are.
What Can Affect the Condition and Life of Your AC Unit
- Airflow is hampered by ductwork that is poorly built, sized, or sealed.
- Regular maintenance is not carried out.
- Coil cleaning agents that aren’t up to par.
- Thermostat set too high or too low—the ideal temperature range is 60°F to 80°F.
- It’s essential to have a device that’s the right size for your house. You want one that is larger than what you need. If the weather demands, you won’t be running your AC at total capacity thanks to the over-engineering.
- Shorter cycles cause more wear and tear on an air conditioner’s components because if the device is too large, it can switch on and off too frequently.
- Air conditioners that are too small for the room can run too long and cannot cool your house, causing parts to wear out.
- Outdoor device exposed to harsh weather such as hail, salty air, or other corrosive airborne contaminants.
- These are just a few things that can lead to a Phoenix AC replacement years before you think you’ll need one.
When Should I Call for Phoenix AC Replacement?
If you encounter any of the following often, it could be wise to call your local AC replacement professionals.
- Costs of energy are rising.
- Support calls regularly.
- Repair bills that are too expensive.
- Unpredictable temperatures.
- Inability to maintain the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Noises that are new or have increased.
- Humidity levels in your home are too high.
Where to Find AC Replacement Specialists
When you are in this position, you need a local AC replacement company to cater to all your needs and offer the best advice.
To be sure you are dealing with the right company, Contact Rescue One Air to schedule maintenance, or to find out more about the best new AC replacement for your home or office, you can complete the compact form below for a fast response.