Who can clean mold in my air conditioner? Cleaning your air conditioner, regardless of the type, can help it last longer and cost less to fix. Tempe AC Maintenance will ensure that your AC runs at peak efficiency by ensuring that the evaporator and condenser coils or cooling fins do not become dusty or clogged.
Although cleaning can help, many homeowners who discover mold choose to seek help from local Tempe AC Maintenance experts.
While you may do general cleaning, it is advisable to leave it to the professionals if you make a mistake and polluted water with mold creeps into your home.
If you wish to DIY to clean your window-type air conditioner, follow these procedures.
- Remove any principal connections and disconnect from any power sources. If the circuit is linked directly, turn off the circuit breaker.
- It's time to discharge your capacitor. This is important because even if your AC is switched off, the capacitor can still hold a charge.
- Once you've turned off the power, you can wipe the outside of your unit clean with a damp towel.
- Remove the filter holder and trim panel from the front of your air conditioner. These are frequently held in place using easy-to-remove clips.
- Remove the mounting frame and casing if you're cleaning a window unit. Case screws are normally near the case's bottom. This is the phase in which issues arise. Because air conditioners are heavy, contacting local Tempe AC Maintenance experts will help you prevent dropping or harming yourself.
- Starting with the cooling fins is an excellent place to begin. Using a fin comb, straighten any bent fins you may have. Any hardware store will have such combs.
- Remove any dirt or debris from your coils by vacuuming them. If the waste is damp, vacuuming won't assist, and you'll need an A/C coil cleaning solution. Even though AC maintenance makes the job easier by providing everything, it can be found at hardware stores.
- Wipe the fan blades down with a clean cloth and some household cleaner.
- Air filters must be cleaned and cleaned to eliminate any dirt or trapped particles. It's time to replace the disposable filter in your air conditioner. During the summer, you could find that you need to do this once a month.
- Only reassemble your unit after it has thoroughly dried. Dust will adhere to the system when it is humid, causing it to clog. Mold problems emerge because of this.
Where To Find Reliable Tempe AC Maintenance?
Mold can grow in your window air conditioner for a variety of reasons, the most prevalent of which is moisture.
Keeping your air conditioner clean can help prevent this but making sure it's clean all the way through is best left to the professionals at Tempe AC Maintenance. When you delegate this operation to the professionals, you also have a fully insured company working on your AC system.
If you have worries about mold in your AC system, you can quickly Contact Rescue One Air to schedule air conditioning maintenance and get your AC given a clean bill of health.
For a direct reply, complete the compact form below for a fast response from our AC maintenance experts.